1.24.2013

Kitchen Progress: Phase 1 Complete







Right before the New Year, I kind of teased you with the progress we were making with the first phase of our kitchen makeover, now that we've decided to update instead of renovate. In case you missed it, you can find that post here. The new beadboard and upper cabinets are now freshly painted (the colour is Sico's Hint of Grey) and restocked. We also installed a couple of new gadgets, including a magnetic knife rack and a handy bar to hang our utensils over the stove, both from Ikea. Friends of ours kindly picked them up for us on their last trip. When you have a teeny tiny kitchen, whatever frees up valuable counter or cupboard space is king.

Phase 2 starts with trimming out and painting the lower cabinets. We've been dragging our feet when it comes to choosing a colour and now we're just stuck. I'm leaning towards Behr's Paramount:


While Adam prefers Behr's Marine Magic:


They're close, but Marine Magic is just a little more blue. We need your help, so which would you choose?

15 comments:

  1. Goodness! I love it all so much that I don't know what my favourite thing is.... Maybe the utensil bar? It's all scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh tough paint choice. I think I might be leaning more towards Marine Magic but really they're both great. It's just a matter of whether you want a green undertone or a blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paramount - without doubt - I think the Marine Magic has too much blue. Love both colors though but for your kitchen I think the right thing is the Paramount :) Good luck! It looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest Paramount. Like you said Marine Magic is too blue. Can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...when you put it that way, now I'm leaning towards Marine Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for weighing in! I'm worried about the Marine Magic reading too blue as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is for Paramount, because it looks to me more like a grey. And Marine Magic is more in the side of blues. I mean, it's a greyish blue, not a bluish grey. (weird explanation, sorry)

    ReplyDelete
  8. TheLittleBlackDoorJanuary 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM

    Love what you've done so far!! I would go with your choice, Paramount. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how your kitchen is coming together..I personally like Paramount.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing - I'm even more sure about Paramount now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jobs at your Home, Internet Online Jobs like data entry, copy pasting, Form Filling, Facebook Sharing Jobs, Clicking Jobs, Web Surfing, Google Jobs and Much More Earning Systems Online

    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips